Thursday 14 August 2008

Thesis Update

[The guy on the far left is me :D]


It's been a while since I last posted and although apologising for not posting more frequently smacks of disingenuousness (if you were really worried about it, you'd do something about it) I'm going to do so anyway. To anyone who cares, Sorry- but I've been busy writing my thesis.

Yes, that's right I'm actually up to the writing stage, despite the fact that I have 8 weeks and 3 days to go. Also I've just passed the rough 10,000 word mark which is pretty spiffy if I do say so myself, as it's a milestone on the way to completion and an order of magnitude larger than anything I've ever written on one subject before.

I would really like to share some parts of it with my readers, but I'm also aware that I maybe shouldn't, as potentially my final marker could end up reading it and getting the wrong impression. It will probably undergo some serious revision before it reaches its final incarnation.

Suffice to say, I've been writing about the games Guitar Hero, Audiosurf and Everyday Shooter which are all must-play games for people interested in what the future of music in videogames looks like. [Or could look like it everyone reads my thesis ;)]

So I'll leave it at that for a while and hope it satisfies the hunger of those desperately desiring an update on my work.

Cheerio!

No comments: